To enter the civil engineering AutoCAD plays a crucial role. It gives essential understanding of core things and helps civil engineering aspirants in enhancing their skills. But how does it really do such things. Let’s find out the how AutoCAD training is going to help you in becoming a civil engineer.
Role or importance of AutoCAD
Being a drafting software AutoCAD has the functionality to create and edit 2D and 3D plan or blue prints digitally in no time. This is what makes a job of a draft man easy. No more manual work is needed. Its files can be transferred or opened in other CAD software without any hurdle. Files can also be saved and stored easily in the storage devices like pen drive or hard disk and can be opened up anywhere at any time.
Some quick advantages of AutoCAD
- It saves lot of time.
- Decreases wastage of paper.
- Increases productivity.
- Improves accuracy of the work.
- Decreases error of the work.
- Better quality of work.
- Easy maintenance of work
- Better understanding of the drafts.
- Quick sharing for collaboration can be done.
We also got some disadvantages on the other hand. Let’s get to know about them.
Some quick disadvantages of the AutoCAD
- It comes with an expensive startup cost.
- In order to fully master this software, you need to spend at least a month in AutoCAD training.
- You are also required a strong system to run this software as it needs high graphic card and strong processing power.
- The course involving AutoCAD training can be expensive.
Are drawings important for civil engineers?
Yes, drawings are important for civil engineers because they are used for communicating with clients for better understanding on their projects and also help in cost saving of the projects.
Importance of AutoCAD for civil engineers
From last few years we’ve seen a drastic change in the world of technology and now we witness that it is improving day after day. One of the biggest pieces of improvement of technology can be seen in the form of computer aided drawings in various fields such as civil engineering and architecture designing. One such improvement is AutoCAD which brought a revolution in the life of engineers and made their work a piece of cake. They don’t need to go for paper work anymore.
This is why AutoCAD is being used widely in civil engineering field.
- AutoCAD drafting makes the work faster and also easier. It can also create layout sites, sidewalks, bridge and other engineering’s works. With the frequent updates brought by Autodesk, AutoCAD is becoming better day by day.
- With the help of proper designed draft, we can avoid unnecessary cost of construction by estimating the right cost of amount, labors, pieces of equipment and much more. So, a well planned site could decrease the cost of construction.
Do you know that till 1971 all the drawings were made by hands which used to consume lot of time and also delay the rest of constructions process?
With the arrival of tools like AutoCAD we got the solution for this problem.
So, it would be correct to agree with this statement “AutoCAD is more accurate than hand drawings.”
- Site layout and related elements can be systematically organized with the help of AutoCAD.
- Civil engineers had to do lots of calculation when they draw plans manually. But with AutoCAD you can do the calculation in seconds using few clicks.
- AutoCAD is full of many tools for drafting & modeling which work seamlessly and help engineers to get their projects done smoothly.
- An engineer can also save the file anywhere on computers as well as on other storage devices like pen drive and hard drive.
- It also allows the engineer to modify the draft anytime anywhere.
By taking the several advantages of using AutoCAD, civil engineers work on different types of projects such as 2D drafting, layouts creation for residential as well as commercial and many more.
In the last few years, we have seen that Autodesk software like Revit, 3Ds Max and AutoCAD have brought a lot of changes in the working life of engineers and architects by adding technical capabilities that couldn’t be meet in manual drafts.
So, whether you are dreaming to become an engineer or an architecture designer; adding AutoCAD as one of your skills should be an important step to reach on for you. To do so, join CAD Training Institute which is a professional AutoCAD training institute in Delhi. CTI offers advanced level AutoCAD courses that you can join to acquire the right skills to enter this industry.
Hi, I am Er. Rakesh Behera from Odisha. I’ve completed B-tech from Odisha’s first Govt. collage Orissa Engineering Collage. I’ve been continuing my job at Architect’s Chamber as a Structural Engineer and Render Artist in Pinaka Architects for last 4yrs.
Courses I’ve pursued at this CAD Training Institute are Revit Architecture course and 3Ds Max Master course.