AutoCAD 2018 software is more powerful and popular drafting tool. Now It has come with many new features that increase product’s quality & performance. One can boost their skills by learning advanced AutoCAD with latest 2018 features.
Latest Features & Benefits of AutoCAD 2018
This blog is all about the latest features and benefits of AutoCAD 2018. Go through the below given list of features and benefits of this amazing cad software.
1) 4K Resolution Support
AutoCAD 2018 supports 4K Ultra HD Resolution 3840 x 2160 PX. It gives a high-resolution display. In older AutoCAD version, palettes, panels, dialogue boxes etc would not fit properly when these are displayed in the high-resolution monitor.
- Example:- When we click on icon graphic performance in status bar then the one dialogue box opens. We see that smooth line display is in active mode. When we draw a line, it will be very smooth. If we disabled smooth line display icon then jerky & jaggy effects will be seen in line.
2) Performance Enhancement:-
AutoCAD 2018 displays complex model in a smooth manner because AutoCAD has changed the coding of the software. Now we can perform display interaction such as zoom, pan & orbit in a smoother manner. In the older version when we work on a complex 3D model, the display automatically degrades at low-level representation.
3) Interface Enhancement:-
AutoCAD 2018 software has an ability to resize the dialogue box. This feature is not available in an older version.
- First Example:- Right click on the OSNAP button, dialogue box will open. It has arrows for drafting settings but when we will take cursor on the dialogue box, it will not resize. It can be resized in AutoCAD 2018 by taking cursor at dialogue box corner.
- Second Example:- Layer Command is most frequently used in creating a drawing. Layer Panel is grouped under Home Tab. If we are working in another TAB then we can not go to Home TAB again & again. Practically this is very inconvenient. This problem is solved in AutoCAD 2018. Go to Quick Access Toolbar, click on the arrow, layer panel is available there. After clicking on this option, layer panel will be available in Quick Access Toolbar permanently. So each and every time we do not need to go to Home TAB.
4) Enhanced PDF Import:-
PDF File is importing in AutoCAD 2017. I want to change text style & create new text style. After saving the file, if we open the file then we will see text style have not changed. Text style shows polyline, not MText. When we open same PDF File in AutoCAD 2018 then we can change text style here. We will go to Insert TAB. There is an option recognize SHX Text. After clicking this, one dialogue box will open. We can add any text style.
5) New File Format:-
Every 3 to 4 years AutoCAD introduces new file format because in the new file format, drawing files open quickly & we can work more efficiently. AUTODESK also solves the issues that might have occurred in an older version of the software. Hence each new file format is more refined & stable.
6) Off Screen Selection:-
In the old version, AutoCAD selects only that objects which are in the current view. While AutoCAD 2018 selects all the objects that are out of the screen. This feature is very useful for large drawings.
7) Free AutoCAD Mobile App:-
When we subscribe AutoCAD 2018 that time we get free AutoCAD 360 mobile app. This app can be downloaded on mobile. After sign up, we get 25 GB cloud storage space. We can save the file “Drawing to the cloud”. Drawing is saved in A360 drive. This file can be opened A360 AutoCAD mobile app. This app is available for Android as well as IOS devices. We can bring our drawings wherever we go. This feature is very useful.
In AutoCAD 2018 Software, approximately 400 new MV Blocks & Block references are added to the metric content in the design center. The content includes lighting, furnishing, elevators, escalators & electrical services.
9) Seamless Updates:-
Whenever an update is installed on AutoCAD Architecture 2018 or AutoCAD MEP 2018, the ribbon highlights the feature that was updated.
10) XREF Enhancements:-
AutoCAD 2018 reduces the broken reference path by external reference enhancements. Using relative path instead an of full path can help you avoid many problems associated with broken reference path. Now new integrated XREF tool commands like “REFPATHTYPE” make replacing missing paths easy.
So, as we have seen there are many things which have been changed in the latest 2018 AutoCAD. AutoCAD got so many new features along with it’s benefits. Hope you attained essential understanding from this blog, and to know more you can explore our cad courses too. We have given comprehensive details on various architecture interior designing software in our blogs too.Check more such type of blogs from all AutoCAD blogs.