AutoCAD is a computer-aided software drafting package used for numerous purposes like creating blueprints for bridges, buildings, interior & exterior designs and much more It is a commercial software used by designers and drafters for creating 2D and 3D computer drawings. It has a desktop version which was launched in 1982. It is also available in mobile, web and cloud-based app from the year 2010 and known as AutoCAD 360. Students interested in learning how to use this software can complete going through under professional AutoCAD training to earn a certificate or diploma courses from an industry-recognized educational institution.
Useful Applications of AutoCAD
- Relevant Industry Architectural tool: AutoCAD has not only user-friendly user-interface but also has built-in design layouts. the latest versions of AutoCAD also support analytics which can be done with the help of analytical tools. These tools can help designers and architects to design, plan, execute and analyze the strength of a building, at design stage level.
- Best Engineering Drafting Tool: This software can draw 2D drawings and 3D models accurately which is used for any engineering domain and also use to render any visualization of the end product. It is beneficial for Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering. It also helps engineers to provide accurate designs by designing, analyzing and solving design issues.
- Used in Graphic Design: AutoCAD features not only help users to plan and map out spaces and take advantage of the available space, but it can also be used concurrently with other applications like 3D Max and numerous animation tools.
- Reliable for 3D Printing: For 3D print of an any particular object, an object has to be selected first, get a virtual 3D representation and then feed it to the 3D printer. A 3D print has its own benefits for designers and this is where AutoCAD helps them. It guarantees file compatibility so that designs can be exported to various preferred formats.
- Usage of AutoCAD in the fashion industry: Every pattern and design of jewelry is created after careful planning and designing. It has the tools crucial for planning complicated designs for manufacture of jewelry, toys and other delicate objects.
- Best industrial design tool: It saves lots of time and efforts spent on manual designing, but also reduces manufacturing costs.
Best AutoCAD Features
- Storage and availability: Its files can be archived in any storage media or saved on the local computer. Softcopy files take lesser storage space as compared to manually drafted paper drawings. These files can also be kept on any cloud storage so that they can be are easily accessible at any time from anywhere just with the help of an internet connection.
- Creating 3D Drawings: Even though it is possible to 3D sketch drawings can be drawn manually, they are not as effective and realistic as computer-aided drawings. This software generates 3D objects and colors, materials and/or textures can be applied to various surfaces and making them bright and easier for the user to visualize the finished product.
- Amendments and modifications: Any changes in manually drafted paper drawings would require the draftsman to draw the drawing again. Because of lots of efforts involved in it, the draftsmen replace out the older details and drew new details, resulting loss of older details and also not-to-scale drawings. Because of its inbuilt tools, it allows any number of revisions and changes which can be done easily and quickly. You can easily edit or delete details using simple user-friendly commands. You can also save the previous versions of the file in case you wish to re-use them
- Speed: Creating a drawing in AutoCAD is much faster than drawing manually. It saves lots of time and effort by creating re-usable block library. Easy editing is possible with commands like copy, mirror, stretching, rotate and scale and many more such commands.
- Accurate Results: It allows you to draw with fractional dimensions and also define precision to any number of decimal places, which is not possible to achieve in hand-drafted manual drawings, hence offering accuracy in all dimensions.
Best AutoCAD Projects Ideas for CAD Students
Choosing CAD Training Institute, one of the best AutoCAD institutes in Delhi will not only brighten your future and but also sharpen your skills. CTI offers professional courses in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Max, Google SketchUp, CAD- Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical, interior and Architect Interior courses. The institute specializes in creating 2D drafting in AutoCAD, 3D elevations in Revit, creating 2 dimensional or/and 3-dimensional modeling in 3Ds Max, advanced lightings in VRay, texturing, rendering and so on. The institute comprises of a team of AutoCAD professionals as faculty members with academic excellence and rich in industry experiences. CTI is one of its own kinds that undertake the responsibility from fully professional training to the job assistance of the candidates.
Have a look at some of the best projects made by our students in AutoCAD: –
1. Interior and Exterior Projects
AutoCAD is a very widespread software that is used in most of the architectural and interior design firms, making it a must learn software tool for interior designers. Acknowledged for its stimulating and realistic details which can be produced with high productivity tools, it offers excellent tools for 3D animation and visualization of interiors to realize hyper-realistic and detailed visions of the proposed design plan.
2. Civil Engineering Projects
AutoCAD Civil 3D is a civil engineering design and documentation software which supports Building Information Modeling workflows. As a civil engineering student or professional, you must know how to use AutoCAD if you want to be successful in the design and detailing of elements. It is mainly used for documentation, analysis, defining workflows, surveying, designing, drafting, and mapping of civil projects.
3. Mechanical Projects
The design is an integral part of a mechanical engineering segment. Each and every component manufactured needs to be designed initially. With the use of AutoCAD, mechanical engineers can simulate a variety of environments and stresses upon a prototype. This allows them to determine the functionality of a part or machine in extreme environments or under high-stress conditions difficult to test outside the simulation.
4. Electrical Projects
There is an AutoCAD Electrical software for controls designers. Its purpose is to create and modify electrical control systems. It has comprehensive tools, list of electrical schematic components, automatic report generation, PLC I/O drawing for the spreadsheet which is used for automating electrical engineering tasks help save hours of effort, so engineers can spend more time innovating.
AutoCAD has a great future ahead due to the plethora of features it offers and the upcoming updates that Autodesk provides empowering the software. It is a major drawing and drafting tools used worldwide. It will keep creating drawings for diverse industries be it automobile, aerospace, mechanical, electrical, or civil for future years with a minimal learning knowledge requirement. This knowledge will come only after extensive training on the software application. CTI offers diploma and certificate AutoCAD courses, which focuses on beginner to advanced level techniques. Without AutoCAD knowledge, people are generally not considered at all for jobs in the field or are consigned to tertiary functions in the industry.
14 1 1